Be the first to leave a review.
In my expert Easy CGI review I am going to show you exactly why I believe there are a lot of other web hosting companies you should choose for your web hosting needs.
Easy CGI does offer 3 different shared web hosting plans. The price ranges from $7.96-$21.56. These are actually kind of high compared to a lot of other web hosting companies. For instance, you can easily get a shared hosting plan from HostNine or SiteGround for much less. They do provide you with the exact amount of disk space and bandwidth you can use upfront, though. A lot of other web hosting companies will sucker you in by telling you, you get “unlimited bandwidth and disk space”. The account features for all three plans include a control panel, same day setup, CM4all website builder, unlimited domains, custom error pages and merchant account availability. Here is what the three plans come with:
- Advanced X costs $7.96 per month. It runs on Windows 2003 and 2008 and an IIS7/IIS6 web server. The monthly data transfer is 3,500 gigabytes and the disk space can hold 350 gigabytes.
- Advanced X2 costs $15.99 per month and runs on the same Windows versions as Advanced X and uses the same web server. The monthly data transfer is 5,000 gigabytes and the disk space holds 50 gigabytes.
- Advanced X4 costs $21.56 per month and runs on Windows 2003 and 2008 just like the other two plans and uses the same web server. This plan does support monthly transfers of 7,500 gigabytes and the disk space is 750 gigabytes.
EasyCGI does have VPS plans which range from $39.96-$143.96 per month. They have 4 VPS plans in total, which are on the Linux operating system. Again, these prices are pretty high compared to other host like GreenGeeks and Doteasy. Here are some more details about the VPS plans that Easy CGI offers:
- Linux VPS X costs $39.96 per month and runs on your choice of Linux OS. The monthly data transfer is 500 gigabytes and the disk space holds about 20 gigabytes. It can hold 256 megabytes of memory and 512 megabytes of burstable memory.
- Linux VPS X2 costs $55.96 per month and has a monthly data transfer of 1,000 gigabytes. The disk space can hold up to 30 gigabytes and it can hold 512 megabytes of memory and 1 gigabyte of burstable memory.
- Linux VPS X4 Linux VPS X4 costs $95.96 a month and has a monthly data transfer of 2,000 gigabytes. It has 50 gigabytes of disk space and can hold 1 gigabyte of memory as well as 2 gigabytes of burstable memory.
- Linux VPS X10 costs $143.96 per month and has a monthly data transfer of 2,000 gigabytes. It has 100 gigabytes of disk space and 2 gigabytes of memory as well as 4 gigabytes of burstable memory.
Email only is a great way to start an initial presence on the Internet and Easy CGI’s Email hosting is a sensible solution for a lot of webmasters. You can get 500 POP3 accounts for $4.99/month or $3.96/month if you elect to pay yearly. You don’t have to have a web hosting plan to take advantage of these features. They include SMTP server relay, webmail, email forwarding, auto responding email and a catch-all email address. The technology features include Quad GigE Fiber Uplink, juniper routers, Dell servers, and UPS power.
Nothing is worse than having to deal with a website that has been infected with malware. If you’re looking for a little extra added security to safeguard your data on EasyCGI’s servers you can sign up with a service called SiteLock. This is a premium security service that makes it harder for hackers to hack your server and tamper with your files. However, I have written a SiteLock review which shows what I think of their service.
Easy CGI comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and no setup fees. The money-back guarantee matches the industry standard which is typically a 30 day guarantee. I do like how there are no setup fees. A lot of other host will have a setup fee which is an extra cost which you later find out about when it times to checkout.
EasyCGI & Uptime and Reliability
Easy CGI does offer a 99.9% uptime policy. They include 24/7 network and system monitoring so you can actually check to make sure your server is up as close to 100% of the time as possible. There is no need to use a third party service like Pingdom Tools because all the monitoring can be done within Easy CGI.
I don’t really have any issues with their uptime. In fact, from the research I have done it does look like your server will be up 99.9% of the time. However, I did read that this doesn’t mean your website will be up 99.9%. The physical server will be up but your applications could have problems from time to time which really doesn’t mean your website is up 99.9% of the time.
I like to use isitdownrightnow.com to test websites and their response times. This gives me a readout of how fast their servers are. From the test I have run on Easy CGI I have found that their response times are 14.76 ms. This is actually pretty good. Here is a screenshot to show my results:
Easy CGI does have live chat, telephone, and a support ticket incase you need to get ahold of tech to troubleshoot any technical problems. They do have a full knowledgebase which consist of lots of videos which show you the ends and outs of domain name management, eCommerce services, scripting, WordPress, website builders, etc. I have taken about 30 minutes of my time to go through them and they are actually pretty good.
However, from the research I have done there could be issues whenever you need to get in contact with them. Live chat, support tickets, and phone support doesn’t always provide you with the best answers.
Easy EGI Summary
Overall, Easy CGI is a straight forward web hosting company. They don’t tell you, you will get unlimited bandwidth, or storage with their company. However, they are much more expensive than other hosting companies. This wouldn’t be a problem if their support was on par with other companies, though.
I can’t recommend Easy CGI at this time because nothing really seems to be great with them. They just seem to be an average hosting company. Their prices are a turn off for me too. Also, they are under the EIG umbrella. So if you are tired of companies like Hostgator and JustHost they are owned by the same company.
I would recommend that you check out my InMotion review (for VPS and dedicated) or my WebHostingHub review (shared hosting) if you’re looking for a dependable, cheap, and great company to host your websites on.