Plans: Shared and Cloud.
Summary: DotEasy is not recommended. Other host are better. These Doteasy web hosting reviews show you what others are saying.
Be the first to leave a review.
Doteasy was launched in 2000. They have a big client-base. Have half a million clients. Offer a number of plans. They do appeal to a lot of site owners. Above we see what others are saying.
They do appeal to a lot of site owners from a glance. They do offer US-based customer support. Cheap price tag. From a glance. When I review host I look at lots of things. I look at their features. Then their performance. Next, performance. Then customer service. Lastly, a Doteasy summary.
Have four plans. The first is the “Basic” plan which is $2.98 a month. It’s a “bare bones” plan. “Basic” comes with 1 GB or disk space. 1 GB of transfer. Ten email accounts. A control panel. The price of $2.98 is for your first billing plan. Goes up to a 1-year term. Then cost $5.75 a month. Total of $69/year.
Prices go up after first billing cycle. Here are the details:
- 3-year term. $9.95 a month. Billed $358.20 for 36 months.
- 2-year term. $10.95 a month. Billed $262.80 for 24 months.
- 1-year term. $11.95 a month. Billed $143.40 for 12 months.
- 6-month term. $12.95 a month. Billed $77.70 for six months.
- 1-month term. $13.95 a month.
Unlimited 100 SSD
The third option is the “SSD” plan. This plan is $4.95/month. Unlimited comes with 100 GB of SSD storage. A free domain name. Unlimited everything.
The prices go up. After your first billing they go up to:
- 3-year term. $10.95 a month. Billed $394.20 for 36 months.
- 2-year term. $11.45 a month. Billed $274.80 for 24 months.
- 1-year term. $11.95 a month. Billed $143.40 for 12 months.
Three plans are offered.
- Doteasy Budget Cloud Server. For $39 per month. It provides one CPU core. 1 GB of RAM. 50 GB of disk space. One public IP. 250 GB monthly bandwidth. cPanel. Reseller friendly. This package is recommended for rich media sites and bloggers.
- Doteasy Power Cloud Server. For $59 per month. It provides two CPU cores. 2 GB of RAM. 100 GB disk space. 2 public IPs. 500 GB of monthly bandwidth. cPanel. Reseller friendly. eCommerce sites will be most interested in this package.
- Doteasy Extreme Cloud Server. For $99 per month. Provides four CPU cores. 4 GB of RAM. 200 GB of disk space. Four public IPs. 100 GB monthly bandwidth. cPanel. Reseller friendly. Corporations will be the most interested in this package.
Managed Hosting Options
For those webmasters that are looking for full control and managed solutions; Doteasy does offer these services to you. Managed hosting with Doteasy provides security, maintenance, and qualified administration of business websites. Among the services provided is an hour of administration service. The managed hosting costs $29.05 per month, which is added onto the customer’s hosting plan contract. Also, customers can purchase additional admin time for $50 per hour. The regular price for this service is $75 per hour. With this service, customers also receive:
- Installation and upgrading of web apps
- HTML updates to websites images, logos, and contact info
- Doteasy web tools and apps for each customer
- Email services
- 3rd party SSL
- Script debugging
- MySQL database import and export, as well as optimization
- Data migration between websites
- Automatic backup for your website
- Phone support
Email With Doteasy
Email is offered with all plans. 2 GB of email storage. Can protect your email for $6.95/month. It helps reduce spam. It is a filter that minimizes spam.
Doteasy does limit account based on inodes. Details down below:
- Basic Hosting. 20,000.
- Starter Hosting. 50,000.
- PHP/MySQL. 100,000.
- Ultra/Unlimited/SSD Hosting. 200,000.
- Budget Cloud. 3,000,000.
- Power Cloud. 6,000,000.
- Extreme Cloud. 12,000,000.
- All other hosting plans. 50,000.
A lot of hosts have partnered with companies like SiteLock. SiteLock aims to tighten up your security settings. Doteasy has not partnered with SiteLock. Instead, I would recommend reading my article on WordPress security plugins. Optionally, Doteasy does offer automated daily site & Email backups for $1.50/month.
Doteasy does give you a free domain name with your hosting plan. Many companies like GoDaddy and TurnKey Internet have been doing this for years. Optionally, you can purchase domains with Doteasy. Domains will cost you $5 for the first year. Next year it’s going to cost $15.
For me I just use NameCheap. They have low prices, and the prices are always the same.
Doteasy Uptime & Performance
How good is Doteasy’s uptime?
To be honest with you I could not find anything on their site about uptime. Lots of hosts will have some 99.9% uptime policy. I searched for about 30 minutes and could not find anything. Instead, I did find this on their about us page.
We do not rely on the local power grid to guarantee uptime. Our on-site diesel-powered generators and centralized Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) provide power conditioning and ensure uninterrupted hosting operation. In the event of a power failure, our dedicated diesel generator will switch over within seconds to ensure continuous power. Our power systems and generators are tested regularly to ensure tip-top performance and response.
Research does show that uptime should not be an issue. Lots of sites have Doteasy reviews. Most speak highly of uptime. Here are a few sites:
How good is Doteasy’s performance?
First, I do not like how Doteasy does not use SSD hosting on all their plans. There are some “real” performance benefits to using SSD. For instance, their two shared plans do not come with SSD hard drives.
Their data center are located in Vancouver, Canada. Multiple data centers would be a nice feature if Doteasy could offer that.
I did test out Doteasy’s server from multiple locations. Here are the results:
|Los Angeles||33.72 ms|
|New York||70.82 ms|
|San Francisco||26.24 ms|
After 11 lookups, the average response time of your name server ns1.doteasy.com is 104.87 milliseconds.
Also, did a speed test on their site:
|Loading Time||First Byte||Start Render||Speed Index|
Research is mostly positive about Doteasy’s speed. Most Doteasy reviews praise them. Therefore, you probably shouldn’t have performance issues with Doteasy.
Doteasy Customer Service
How good is Doteasy’s customer support?
Can get ahold of them the following ways:
- Live chat.
- Case tracker. (ticket support)
- Phone. 1-604-434-4307.
I will start with the positive things about Doteasy’s support.
Here are the negative things about Doteasy’s support.
You can’t use their live chat feature anytime you want. There are times when it is completely offline. You have no other option but to submit a support ticket.
For phone support you have to leave a message and Doteasy will call you back. Could be an issue if you have problems at 8:30 P.M. on Friday. You would have to wait until Monday to get your issue resolved.
Research shows you “could” have issues with support. Here are some sites that have Doteasy reviews for their support:
Doteasy Web Hosting Reviews Summary
Do I recommend Doteasy? No. Does that mean they are a horrible host? No. I do not like how they start you a low entry price. Then, the price increases. Also, SSD hard drives do not come standard on two entry shared plans. Do not like “business” hours for customer support. “Could” be a problem. There are so many better hosts.
VPS & Dedicated Recommendations
Research on Doteasy.
Interviews on Doteasy.