Name: WiredTree (Acquired by Liquid Web)
Plans: VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated.
Summary: WiredTree is now apart of Liquid Web (Read my Liquid Web review). See what other site owners are saying about them in this WiredTree review.
Be the first to leave a review.
Update: WiredTree was sold to LiquidWeb
WiredTree was founded in 2006. They are a Chicago, Illinois-based host. They have in-house management and do not outsource their customer support. WiredTree promises 100% network uptime. WiredTree offers VPS and dedicated plans only.
This WiredTree review will show you everything you need to know about them. When I examine a host, I like to look at their features. Then, their performance, Next, their uptime. Then, their customer support. Lastly, I write a summary.
Managed VPS Hosting
- VPS 2000. $49/month. 2 GB RAM. 100 GB SSD-Accelerated. 6 TB bandwidth.
- VPS 3000. $69/month. 3 GB RAM. 120 GB SSD-Accelerated. 8 TB bandwidth.
- VPS 4000. $89/month. 4 GB RAM. 150 GB SSD-Accelerated. 10 TB bandwidth.
Pure SSD VPS
- SSD 2000. $55/month. 2.5 GB RAM. 50 GB Pure SSD. 2 CPU Cores. 6 TB bandwidth.
- SSD 3000. $70/month. 3.5 GB RAM. 70 GB Pure SSD. 3 CPU Cores. 8 TB bandwidth.
- SSD 4000. $85/month. 4.5 GB RAM. 90 GB Pure SSD. 4 CPU Cores. 10 TB bandwidth.
Managed Hybrid Servers
- SSD-Accelerated Hybrid. $99/month. 5 GB RAM. 160 GB SSD. 1 CPU Core. 15 TB bandwidth. LiteSpeed Web Server. CentOS + cPanel.
- Pure SSD Hybrid Servers. $109/month. 6 GB RAM. 100 GB SSD. 1 CPU Core. 12 TB bandwidth. CentOS + cPanel.
Managed Dedicated Servers
- Single CPU Intel Xeon E3/E5. Starts at $161/month. 16 GB RAM. 240 GB SSD. 100 Mbps network uplink. 20 TB data transfer. 2 IP’s. CentOS Linux & cPanel.
- Dual CPU Intel Xeon E5. Starts at $212/month. 8 GB RAM. 120 GB SSD. 100 Mbps network uplink. 20 TB data transfer. 2 IP’s. CentOS Linux & cPanel.
- SSD RAM. $5 per 512/MB.
- SSD hard drive. $2/GB.
- Additional IPs. $2/IP.
- LiteSpeed Web Server. $20.
- WHMCS. $10.
- Bandwidth Overage. $.25/GB.
- SSD-Accelerated RAM. $10/512/MB.
- SSD-Accelerated hard drive. $1/GB.
- Softaculous. $1.
- RVSkin. $1.
- WHMCS (un-branded). $12.
- Bandwidth upgrade. $25/1 TB.
WiredTree Performance & Uptime
How good is WiredTree’s performance? Good and my WiredTree review would not be complete if I didn’t show their speed.
WiredTree does use SSD hard drives with all of their plans. Tested their server to see how quickly they responded.
|Los Angeles||56.42 ms|
|New York||23.96 ms|
|San Francisco||54.74 ms|
After nine lookups, the average response time of your name server ns1.wiredtree.com is 84.19 milliseconds
Next, I checked their server for loading time, first byte, start render, and speed index.
|Loading Time||First Byte||Start Render||Speed Index|
Research shows that sites hosted with WiredTree load quickly. Many sites have said positive things about their servers speed.
How good is WiredTree for uptime?
WiredTree has something called “Grove” login. Grove is how you sign into the backend of your servers settings. WiredTree has a service that monitors your site every five minutes. If their experts notice any downtime, they will notify you of the problem.
From WiredTree’s TOS page they handle downtime this way.
WiredTree will refund 5% of the customer’s monthly service fees for those servers affected, for each 30 minutes of network downtime experienced up to 100% of the monthly service fees for those servers affected.
Research shows WiredTree is dependable with uptime. Many sites have reviews on them. Lots of them are praising WiredTree.
WiredTree Customer Support
How good is WiredTree’s customer support?
WiredTree does have 24/7 support. They do not outsource their support like 1and1 and MochaHost. Instead, all their agents are on site. Also, they do not give automated emails to help buy them time. Instead, WiredTree handles their customer’s issues fast. What do I mean?
On their contact page, It states that they handle customers questions in 15 minutes. I did test this out.
Can contact WiredTree many ways?
- Phone. Local 1-312-447-0510. Toll-free 1-866-523-8733.
- Support Ticket. Grove Login.
- Email Support.
Research shows support is excellent with WireTree. Lots of happy customers.
WiredTree Review Summary
Do I recommend WiredTree? Yes. Their prices are on par with another host. Performance is fast. Uptime is incredible and is backed by a solid policy. Customer support is not outsourced and is very helpful and quick to reply. Overall, a good option for VPS and dedicated servers.
WiredTree does not offer shared hosting, though. So, if you’re looking for shared hosting, you should check into WebHostingHub.com or SiteGround. Also, two other hosts that have great VPS and dedicated plans are InMotion Hosting and RoseHosting.