Plans: Free Shared, Cloud, and VPS.
Summary: x10Hosting is a great option for free hosting, shared, cloud and VPS. They get good feedback from webmasters. See what other site owners are saying about them with these x10Hosting reviews.
Be the first to leave a review.
x10Hosting is a web hosting company that was founded in 2004. They originally started as a free web hosting company. Over 1 million websites host with them. A lot of webmasters are drawn to them because of their free hosting plan. In this x10Hosting review I am going to show you:
- Customer Support.
At the end of this x10Hosting review, I will either recommend them or point you elsewhere. So let’s get started and see what x10Hosting has to offer.
x10Hosting does offer a free web hosting plan. This is a free web hosting with no ads. And allows you to get a website up and running at no cost.
x10Hosting does offer one shared hosting plan. You can find our shared plan by clicking on their premium hosting link.
Their shared hosting plan does come with a website builder, automatic backups, free SEO tools, auto install scripts, cPanel, etc.
This plan is discounted depending on your billing cycle. Meaning that if you pay monthly at $6.95 a month. If you pay for a full year it’s $5.95 a month. However, if you pay for two years it’s $4.95 a month. Lastly, if you pay for three years it cost $3.95 a month.
x10Hosting does offer 5 different hosting plans. The prices and specifications are as follows:
- $6.95/month. One CPU core. 10 CGI/PHP processes. 50 total processes. one GB of memory.
- $19.95/month. Two CPU cores. 20 CGI/PHP processes. 100 total processes. Two GB of memory.
- $34.95/month. Three CPU cores. 40 CGI/PHP processes. 150 total processes. Four GB of memory.
- $59.95/month. Four CPU cores. 60 CGI/PHP processes. 100 total processes. Six GB of memory.
- $129.95/month. Intel Xeon E5-2650+ CPU. Four CPU cores. 16 GB of DDR Ram. 1 TB of bandwidth.
x10Hosting does offer five different VPS plans. The prices and specifications are down below:
- S1. $8.95/month. 15 GB SSD storage. .5 TB monthly bandwidth. .75 GB RAM. One CPU core. 100 Mbps uplink. One IPv4 address.
- S3. $18.95/month. 30 GB SSD storage. 1 TB monthly bandwidth. 1.25 GB RAM. Two CPU core. 250 Mbps uplink. Two IPv4 address.
- S5. $27.95/month. 50 GB SSD storage. 1.5 TB monthly bandwidth. 1.75 GB RAM. Three CPU core. 500 Mbps uplink. Two IPv4 address.
- S7. $35.95/month. 70 GB SSD storage. 2.5 TB monthly bandwidth. 2.25 GB RAM. Three CPU core. 1,000 Mbps uplink. Three IPv4 address.
- S9. $47.95/month. 100 GB SSD storage. 4 TB monthly bandwidth. 3.25 GB RAM. Four CPU core. 1,000 Mbps uplink. Three IPv4 address.x10Hosting does give discounts if you purchase their plans for 3, 6, and 12 months.
x10Hosting does offer a server backup service. This can be for both Linux and Windows operating systems. This does cost a monthly fee. You can back up your servers with their data centers located in:
- Chicago Illinois.
- Phoenix Arizona.
- Los Angeles California.
- Montréal Québec.
- Amsterdam Netherlands.
- Falkenstein, Germany.
The prices are based on how many gigabytes of storage you need. Here is the storage space and prices:
- 50 GB. $14.95/month.
- 100 GB. $19.95/month.
- 250 GB. $29.95/month.
- 500 GB. $49.95/month.
- 1 TB. $79.95/month.
- 2 TB. $139.95/month.
- 3 TB. $174.95/month.
- 5 TB. $199.95/month.
- 7 TB. $269.95/month.
x10Hosting Performance & Uptime
How good is X10Hosting’s performance?
Ideally, you want your websites to load quickly. This helps with your SEO and also the usability of your website. What I do like about x10Hosting is that they use SSD hard drives. These are much faster than SATA hard drives.
From the research, I’ve done on x10Hosting. I have found there are really not a lot of reviews about them. Meaning they’re either outdated or there aren’t a steady stream of reviews coming in about the company. However, that being said there are couple minor complaints from past x10Hosting customers.
As a webmaster, you do want your site to be up as close to 100% as possible. With x10Hosting you can monitor the status of your server at https://status.x10hosting.com/
Some companies like MochaHost promise you 100% uptime. x10Hosting does have a 99.9% up time SLA guarantee. If your website is ever down they will give you credit for the downtime. Below is how x10Hosting will credit your account for any downtime:
- 99.9% to 100% Uptime – 0% Credit
- 99.1% to 99.8% Uptime – 10% Credit
- 98% to 99% Uptime – 25% Credit
- 95% to 97.9% Uptime – 50% Credit
- 0 to 94.9% Uptime – 100% Credit
x10Hosting Customer Support
How good is x10Hosting’s customer support?
I have always been a fan of web hosting companies that use live chat. A lot of companies like Hostgator and SiteGround have live chat support. Sadly x10Hosting does not offer live chat support. Instead, you need to contact them through a support ticket, much like GlowHost. However, this isn’t a bad thing. The reason being is because x10Hosting answers your questions within 30 minutes to one hour.
Also, there is no telephone number to reach them at either. However, their texts are very knowledgeable and can quickly troubleshoot any issues you might have.
From the research I’ve done, it looks like most people are happy with the x10Hosting’s customer support. Therefore I am confident in telling you that the customer support with x10Hosting is very easy to work with.
x10Hosting Review Summary
Do I recommend x10Hosting. Yes. I really like the business model of free web hosting. This is something I wish a lot of other companies would offer. But if you need to cheap shared hosting plan you can get one for a reasonable price. Also, cloud hosting is very popular with webmasters and thankfully x10Hosting does offer cloud web hosting.
Also, x10Hosting does offer VPS plans. For less than $10 a month you can get a VPS. Their prices are very reasonable for VPS plans too.
x10Hosting does offer a backup service, too.
The uptime is pretty decent with x10Hosting and they have a great credit system if you ever have any downtime. Also, the performance is decent with x10Hosting. They do use SSD hard drives in the cloud hosting infrastructure is fantastic.
So if you are considering x10Hosting I would say they are worth your while.
However, if x10Hosting won’t work for you I do have a couple of recommendations.
If you need a dedicated web hosting plan I recommend Inmotion or RoseHosting. Both of those companies have a very quality servers and customer support. However if x10Hosting will not work for you and you need a VPS or shared hosting plan I would recommend reading my WebHostingHub review.